Delta Diverter R11000 - PEX?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jdm127, Oct 4, 2013.

1. jdm127

jdm127 New Member

We are installing a Delta diverter valve (R11000) for our basement shower. It will have 2 outlets, a fixed shower head and rain shower. Can we use 1/2 pex supply lines from the outlet ports on the Delta diverter to shower head and rain shower? We will be using copper from the rough-in valve up to the diverter.

Thanks
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Since those are shower heads, you will be fine.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  3. jdm127

jdm127 New Member

What if I was to add 3 body sprays (0.9 GPM each). Could I use PEX for the pressure balance loop? Will the 1/2 pex from the diverter be able to supply both the body sprays and rain shower if they were on at the same time?

Thanks again.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't want to gamble on that.
    I know for a fact that PEX run to a tub spout has so much restriction that it pushes water out of a shower head while filling a tub.
    I think I would run that loop in copper.