Delta Diamond Seal Technology

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Terry, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

The Delta rep dropped me off a couple of them to play with. Not sure how I feel about them yet, but it's where things are headed thanks to the 0 lead laws.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Yes, it is all about the lead ( prop 65) which is kicking into a new phase. Before it was OK to sell you a lead faucet, as long as there was a big sign in the store with the lead warning. But now the products will not be able to contain brass at all, unless someone invents a NO-Lead brass alloy. Easier to go ceramic and PVC>
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Delta

Shades of Valley faucets. That cartridge operates the same way is the Valley did with the handle moving the water control plate.
  5. topshot

topshot New Member

Anybody have any thoughts on these yet? I'm looking at the 540-MPU-DST.
  6. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

I will like it until I hate it.

Unlike Moen, which I have always and will always continue to hate.
  7. If I say anything,

I'll be hunted down like the dog I am. :eek:
  8. Cass

Cass Plumber

"OK John...RUGGED was last seen here about an hour ago heading west...orders are to shoot on sight"

[​IMG]
  9. As long as they are made in the USA

I have not seen their new stuff yet, but I predict....

If they are made in the USA they will probably be ok...

if they are made over in China, like all the junk they presently sell in the Hardware stores across the USA

they will be a disaster...
    becasue of the crappy quality....
  10. topshot

topshot New Member

Interestingly, it doesn't say anywhere on the box where it is made. I thought law required that now.