Delta bonnet nut

Users who are viewing this thread

Giantsean

Reaction score
IMG_20150928_220640003.jpg
Hey All,

I'm having a heck of a time putting together my diverter (model R11000) in a new shower. Looks like the guy who roughed it in didn't account for cement board or tile so it's recessed into the wall, and the tile guys left me very little room to maneuver. I had searched around and found a specialty socket for $40 bucks on Ebay, but before I go buying a tool that I'll use once (if I'm lucky lol), I figured it would be worth asking if anyone has some tricks/tips for getting this on.

Either way, is it a bad idea to put some silicon grease on it for the future? Finally, how tight should this thing be? Is it a "you'll know when to stop" kind of thing?

Thanks for any info!

Giantsean

Reaction score
Thanks Smooky I had tried HD too but the largest size is only 1 7/16". I was able to look up the nut schematic from Delta and it's 1.86" (47mm). Looks like I'm tool shopping :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks