Delta 600 series copper tubes

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by tamlig, Jun 18, 2009.

1. tamlig

tamlig New Member

The 3 small copper tubes that connect the mixing chamber and the valve are leaking. Has anyone ever replaced these tubes? I imagine someone would need a powerful torch.

I know the best thing to do would be to replace the valve, but I'd have to cut up a wall since there is no access door.
  2. I've done a few in my day after listening to hj.

Takes some patience but it can be done. Doing a lot of torching inside a wall to complete that task.

Most times you won't be able to see what you're soldering either.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tubes

I have done many of them, even for other plumbers who have damaged the tubes. IT can be a daunting job, and not one I would recommend for a DIYer. One possible glitch would be if you have the "small block" body with the bottom center tube which has an offset in it. That requires a small tubing bender and great patience to get it right.
  4. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Torching those tubes would be just as time consuming maybe more than changing the valve out. The valve can be replaced without access from the wall. Become one with the sawzall.

[​IMG]
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

I would like to see you change a valve installed with galvanized piping through the opening in the tile. Even one with male adapters can require more than that to remove it, even though a direct sweat one could be inserted using just the opening in the tile.