Delta 2 handle bath faucet (3555) - leaking from under spout body

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by PeteD, Jun 11, 2010.

1. PeteD

PeteD New Member

Hi Guys:

This is what my faucet looks like:
    http://www.deltafaucet.com/customersupport/documentation/3555LF-216.html?document=pd&documentIndex=0

I had it unhooked for a little while doing a remodel (worked fine for a few years). When I hooked it back up, water is dripping from inside the spout body (under the sink). Water drips down off of the rod to control the drain plug, but it is coming from up inside the faucet body. The parts diagram does not show any parts in there...

What is going on? Are there seals in there or did I pop a leak in the copper pipe?

Thanks,
    Pete
  2. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

It is basically time to get a new faucet as us plumbers say !
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The "guide tube" is cracked. Call 1-800-345-DELT, and they will send a new spout if it is still current, or a new faucet if they no longer have the parts or the new spout is incompatble with your handle connections.
  4. PeteD

PeteD New Member

Thanks to both of you for confirming what I suspected was the problem, as well as the course of action. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Pete