Delta 1500 Series Monitor shower head etc

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by stuckwitholddelta, Aug 8, 2009.

1. stuckwitholddelta

stuckwitholddelta New Member

I have a 1-piece AquaGlass tub and surround. The tub is still in very good condition and I do not want to remove it. However, I would like to replace a chrome shower kit with one in brass. Unfortunately, there is no easy access to the plumbing. Any suggestions? I've attached a picture of the plate. I believe it's a discontinued Delta Monitor. The screw holes are at 5 and 7:00. Is this a 1500? I've heard 1200, 1300, and 1500.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

You can still get trim for that valve, including some newer finishes. PB is not the "finish du jour" any more, but may still be available. Go to any large plumbing supply house ( not HD or Lowes ).
  3. stuckwitholddelta

thanks for the suggestion. Do you have a plumbing supply store you could recommend?
  4. stuckwitholddelta

Is the model 1500?

I called Delta and I got 3 different answers -- 1200, 1300, and 1500 series. The holes are at 5:00 and 7:00.
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

That is the answer. Did they have any trim?
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

delta

Because of the temperature adjustment knob, you need 1500 trim in order to get the correct handle. The rest of the trim IS generic with the other two models.
  7. how many do you want???

I got a whole box of 1500 trims laying around since
    the mid 90s...mostly in peices....

let me know if you want a set, and I can get one together..

I dont know what they are worth..
  8. stuckwitholddelta

do you have in polish brass?

I need 3 kits in polish brass.
  9. brucem8

brucem8 New Member

Do you still have 1500 trim kits?

MP Mark,

I have an old 1500 shower control that I am looking to convert from PB to SS or chrome. Mine has the escucheon holes at 5:00 and 7:00 so can't convert to 1700 without changing out the valve. Do you still have 1500 trim kits that would fit my old-school valve? Don't know if they made brushed nickel or SS then, but ideally that's what I'd like. Otherwise chrome would work too.

Thanks,
    Bruce
  10. katiercain

katiercain New Member

Did anyone ever find out what series this exact Delta Monitor is? I am trying to replace a leaky valve and am having a hard time getting it apart. I want to get a product manual or something online but I can't find any information about it beyond this image and forum. Help please, I'm a teacher not a plumber! :)
  11. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

In a rush? The answer is in the threads - it's a 1500-series. A teacher not doing her homework...