Delta 1500, Determining What Model Shower Valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by dcsmith37, Oct 27, 2013.

1. dcsmith37

dcsmith37 In the Trades

I have a slow drip leak with my Delta shower valve. I am trying to determine what model Delta valve it is and have attached a few pictures. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. dcsmith37

dcsmith37 In the Trades

The leak is in the shower head.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The leak is in the valve, the water comes OUT of the shower head. It is probably a model 1500, but if so you have to know the year it was made because the new ones do not fit the old body. The easiest way to tell is to remove it and compare it to the ones at a parts store. Once will have blue "legs" and the other will be white.
  4. dcsmith37

dcsmith37 In the Trades

Well, I'm in a bit of a mess. Everything came out as it should except the white housing part inside the brass part of the housing. I've tried to get it out but it's coming out in pieces... I still need to get it out, any suggestions?
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I assume your rotated off the collar that holds the cartridge in first. Counter clockwise.
    After that, you just have to show it who's the boss.
    A bit of wiggle helps.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Pull harder.