Delta 1500, Determining What Model Shower Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

dcsmith37

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a slow drip leak with my Delta shower valve. I am trying to determine what model Delta valve it is and have attached a few pictures. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• 100_1875.jpg
    100_1875.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,371
  • 100_1876.jpg
    100_1876.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 694
  • 100_1877.jpg
    100_1877.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 866
  • 100_1878.jpg
    100_1878.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 790

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The leak is in the valve, the water comes OUT of the shower head. It is probably a model 1500, but if so you have to know the year it was made because the new ones do not fit the old body. The easiest way to tell is to remove it and compare it to the ones at a parts store. Once will have blue "legs" and the other will be white.

dcsmith37

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, I'm in a bit of a mess. Everything came out as it should except the white housing part inside the brass part of the housing. I've tried to get it out but it's coming out in pieces... I still need to get it out, any suggestions?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I assume your rotated off the collar that holds the cartridge in first. Counter clockwise.
After that, you just have to show it who's the boss.
A bit of wiggle helps.

Last edited:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I never could understand why any plumber would install a shower body without integral stops .

Takes a certain mindset to be so inconsiderate

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That's because you are used to working in multi unit buildings where there are almost a necessity. Which is seldom the case in a single family residence.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Many of the single family homes I work in have more then 3 bathrooms and it would really be a pain to walk several flights down stairs, shut the main make repairs and then go down again turn on the water and run to make sure nothing is leaking

Not to mention bleeding the air out the system

It is just common decency

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...dridge-Ave_Bronx_NY_10471_M48921-35284#photo1

The home below prime example of a contractor who said "NO SHUT OFFS " as he said there was no place to install them other then the basement as it will ruin the dcor of his marble work

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...55,-73.89119,40.882874,-73.928097_rect/14_zm/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks