Darn water is too salty Kinetico Signature Series

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian Bennett

Reaction score
Even after the backwash cycle my water is too salty. II don't see anyway to change the settings, unless there is something in the brine tank itself that can be adjusted. Any help would be appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know how to do it, but I think the unit may have a bad seal or whatever the water routing is called.. A "rebuild" replaces seals, and probably some other parts. While in there, a cleaning would be warranted.

With many units, changing seals can be a DIY thing if you like, and parts are readily available. I think the access to the Kinetico documentation and parts is more specialized. They would like to keep that proprietary.

A backwash cycle(s) is/are a portion of the regeneration process. In most softeners, the first part is the backwash, and there may be a second backwash. It is the brining where the brine gets sucked from the brine tank and flows through the resin. That gets followed by a couple of rinses. Maybe the rinsing is not right.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your salty water may be caused my incomplete rinsing. A clogged drain line or debris caught in the drain flow control will cause this. The valve must be taken apart to check the drain flow control. I have also seen bad resin will hold salt so you have to check the resin as well. I have an exploded view of the Kinetico valve. Send me an email to affordablewtr@aol.com and I will provide you with a copy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks