Dang it - didn't think I'd have to ask

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by pwking, Apr 21, 2014.

1. pwking

pwking New Member

All - this forum has been great for my bathroom remodel. I've been using it with success so far in my basement bathroom. I've already removed a chunk of 4" cast iron drain pipe by drilling holes all the way around and prying the lead out...that was fun.

My question - I have very little clearance under my floor to make sure I have enough fall in the PVC pipe. I'm thinking I need this.

closet bend.jpg

Can I cut this off at finished floor height and then slip the 4" closet flange over it?

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    I normally just pull the lead out of the cast iron tee, and use a 4x3 flush bush into a insert rubber pipe donut.

Yes, a 4" hub closet bend fits over the 4x3 closet bend, and you can trim the upper part flush.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  3. pwking

pwking New Member

Thanks Terry! That is exactly what I did but I've been using PVC. Thank you for the quick response!