Danco Replacement 80993 Question

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Blueprint99, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Blueprint99

Blueprint99 New Member

Hello, I just installed this Danco replacement single handle faucet on my mother's Moen Shower.
    [​IMG]

Everything works fine but it's noticeably louder than the original piece(like a ton of water is rushing through), especially when adjusting the temperature(the flow seems to stutter between hot and cold). Also, whenever the water is turned on and off the pipes knock a bit. I followed the instructions properly and am curious what's wrong? I'm assuming this aftermarket unit is junk... TIA!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

There have been several threads recently, and the concensus is, use OEM parts, the Danco may not leak, but clunks...Depending on the age, Moen may have a lifetime warranty on that part, and you can get it from them. WOrth a call.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

If that is the stem you used, it does not have a pressure balancing spool in it, although there could be one if the valve if it is a MoenTrol version.
  4. txchad

txchad New Member

There's also a plastic / brass version of that stem that is interchangeable with this one. You might try that one.