Cushion between TOTO (CST744SL)Tank and Bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

bmixon

Reaction score
I recently installed a Gerber Toilet (21-702) which I am replacing with a Toto CST744SL. I am reinstalling the Gerbers in the Basement powerroom. When I original installed the Gerber Toilet, in their installation kit were two small rubber cushions that they recommended be installed between the tank and the bowl.

drake_angle2.jpg

Is this a non issue with TOTO because of the designed of the TOTO bowl. The CST744SL appears to have a raised rim along the entire back of the toilet for the tank to sit on. Should any kind of cushion be installed between the Tank and Bowl. Once you tighten the tank bolts down should the tank rest on the bowl all around the unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's a non issue with the Toto.

Push the rubber gasket on the bottom of the tank,
set the tank on the bowl, and using one hand to press the tank down,
Tighten with the other hand.
The tightened tank should compress the rubber washer and the two pieces should touch in some places.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks