Curious about garbage disposal installation

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by big2bird, Nov 23, 2012.

1. big2bird

big2bird IBEW Electrician

I have read here the disposal should be opposite the P-trap on a dual bowl kitchen sink set up. I am curious as to why that isrecommended.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Then you can use an end outlet disposer kit with a baffle tee pointing down.

[​IMG]
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The piping can get "complicated" if you have to try to fit the disposer and the trap in the same area. A minor point, but the only time you install a "Disposal" is if you are using a GE or Hotpoint unit. ALL the rest or "disposers", and GE gets upset when people call them Disposals.