Cullingan medalist questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Jamiew

Reaction score
hi everyone
I have a few questions regarding above equipment. I stumbled onto the forum attempting to find answers elsewhere, but was unsuccessful. Anyway....
I have a culligan medalist system. I have a calcite tank, ziolyte tank, and salt tank. I've been having problems with all 3 vessels
Calcite tank
Sometimes after backwash cycle there are grains of calcite left in the housing that the seal pack goes into? This has caused the o rings to get scarred and fail, resulting in me having to purchase another seal pack. Anyone know why this happens? Also, recently, when the unit finishes a backwash cycle, it sometimes stops somewhere other than the home position. Any ideas?
Zeolite tank
The REG icon is displayed on the screen. I've done everything I can to get rid of it. I've cycled power, manually ran through the cycle, and it still there? Also, my salt tank is not refilling? Can it be in the programming?
Programming
Can anyone give me some "baseline" inputs for the program data. I understand it's difficult without an analysis of the water, but assuming it's just myself in the house most of the time. Any input will help as I'm at my wits end. My next step Is to de energize everything while running through the vessels, and only energize when manually backwashing while babysitting.
Thank you in advance!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Calcite in the valve can be caused by an excessive backwash rate. Check the water flow at backwash, water temperature and tank diameter. Post this data and we can calculate out what it should be.

Jamiew

Reaction score
Calcite in the valve can be caused by an excessive backwash rate. Check the water flow at backwash, water temperature and tank diameter. Post this data and we can calculate out what it should be.
Not sure how to check backwash flow rate. My control head doesn't calculate gallons....it back washes on a time in days?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks