culligan mark 59. should i keep or fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

grumpy 040

Reaction score
I have a culligan mark 59 aqua sensor water softener. I have had it since 1982? The timer keeps stopping and I got to whack it to get it going. The culligan guy said I should get a new unit because they don’t make parts for the 59. Also said my tank needs cleaned out because it is restricting my water flow. They can clean my tank and but new stuff in it for $500. or a whole new unit for $1300.

What do you think?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is it just the timer that is giviing you challenges?
Might be a simple replacement of either the timer assembly or the timer motor.

grumpy 040

Reaction score
timer is the big problem. culligan said they cant get a timer anymore. do i have other options?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Find some one that has a used timer.. might you be able to post a photo or send me a photo?
I am trying to remember if your timer is the same as the mark 89 timers of that time frame.

On an update, found a Culligan Mark 59 manual, and from what I can tell.. the timer looks to be the same at the mark 89 etc timer...

The wires might be a bit different on the back side ... but I think that it should work.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks