Culligan Mark 100 Stopped in Regenerant Draw Position

Users who are viewing this thread

Glenwoods

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Culligan Mark 100 softener that is suddenly having problems. It appears to be stopped in the regenerant draw position which leaks water into the drain constantly. Up until this point it has worked fine. After regeneration two days ago the display showed CS and was leaking. I unplugged it for more than four hours to let the capacitor die, so it would return to the default settings. Upon plugging it back in it went into the regeneration cycle like it's supposed to, only to stop back in the same spot after a while, with CS on the display again. To make a long story short, I replaced the seal pack and eductor sleeve assembly. I also cleaned everything I could with Iron Out. Resetting the unit makes it return to default settings and seem to go through a regeneration cycle, but it eventually ends up in the regenerant draw position with water leakage. I don't know how to test the circuit board. Is the next step calling in Culligan Service? Thanks.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
When you replaced the injector piston and its cage along with the main piston, did the white cam get placed in the same position as it was when it was removed?
How did the white cam look under? there is a track that runs the brine piston in and out.
Also the micro switches that the cam pushes , are they tight to the cam?

Glenwoods

Reaction score
Hi, The cam was only lifted up enough to sneak the piston out and get then new one back in, so I didn't actually see the track. But when the motor spins the cam the piston seems to move smoothly in the track. Then cam was never lifted completely off the shaft. The switches are nice and tight and appear to activate. I've attached a page from the service manual of the position it stops in. The cam and the crank arm line up with the diagram, which is why I say it's stopped in the regenerant draw position.Thanks. Screen Shot 2012-11-24 at 7.04.36 AM.jpg

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Like the timing marks on a car engine, if they are miss alined then it will miss fire.

If the can is stopping in the service spot, but one of the pistons is not in service for both need to be the only reason is that the cam is not correct.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks