Culligan Mark 100 not drawing brine

Users who are viewing this thread

Zedhead

Reaction score
I have a 20 year old Mark 100 that has developed a problem of not drawing brine during regen. The only reason I suspected a problem is that the water pressure has dropped off during the last week or so. Plenty of pressure when I bypass the unit. I pulled the eductor screen and cleaned it. Did not remove the body. Not much improvement.

Is there an inlet screen on this unit? When the unit was installed the input/output joints were sweated on, no unions. Can I just take the 2 long screws off and get the input/output manifold off to access any screen/filters?

Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

On edit, there is no salt bridging. I cleaned the brine tank about a year ago. I was attempting to draw a cup of rust raze mixed with 4 gallons of water out of a 5 gallon bucket

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is another screen , it is on the birne piston assembly, it is a pain to get to but can be worked on.

How is the drain line pressure?

Have you removed the cover to make sure that the brine piston is moving in and out?

It could be that one of the o rings on the brine piston is bad and the assembly will need to be replace.

Water on top of the motor?

Can you work with a parts break down?

Zedhead

Reaction score
Well, I took out the brine piston, and lubed all the o-rings. In service mode now, it is drawing down out of the 5 gallon bucket fairly nice now. Plenty of drain pressure during fast rinse/brine fill.

I'm thinking it's time for a rebuild/new brine piston.

I did not find any screens/filters in either the input, or output manifold.

THanks for the input.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a screen on the brine assembly , it is on the outside of the housing for the piston, could be that it is now gone.

Drawing down is service mode?

check your messages.

Zedhead

Reaction score
The screen on thre brine piston was still intact. Pretty dirty, but cleaned up well. I'm thinking there might be some water pressure bleed by on some of the o-rings.

I set the digital control to service mode, and to stay in brine draw mode until the bucket was empty.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the o rings are worn or there is wear on the inside of the housing where the o rings seal then the 100% suction will not happen, it could be weak or not at all and water going to the salt tank when it should be pulling.

Zedhead

Reaction score
Imna contact our local Culligan dealer, see what kind of kits are still available. :dunno

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan as they could still have replacements for the older units.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks