Culligan Gold/Silver Regenerating daily

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Dankon, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Dankon

Dankon New Member

I have a Culligan Gorld or Silver softner. It regenerates every day. The #8 screen says "08". If I'm reading the manual right, this means it should regenerate every 8 days. I guess I could have the "soft-minder" - how can you tell if it is the soft-minder or time-clock model?
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Culligan used a few different controls on the gold or silver systems, so not sure about the number 8.
    Are you hearing it clean every night?
    Photo would help.
    The metered system has a part that is between the valve body and the bypass and there is a cable from there to the control head.
  3. Dankon

Dankon New Member

Yes, it cleans every night. I'll upload some photos tonight. Screen #8 is supposed to be the "regeneration interval", which should be Gallons (divided by 10) if unit has a soft-minder. If not, it should represent # days to regenerate.
  4. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Sent a PM

It is possible that if meter count is off, say 135 turns for each gallon for the correct count and if that number changes then the gallon count will change.
    A big sign for the difference between the metered unit and non metered is that the non metered or day will have the bypass up close and personal with the valve body, metered will have some space between the two for the turbin.

The default day could have moved to 1.

Is the display changing ? or is it stalled in one spot?
  5. Dankon

Dankon New Member

I don't think I have metered. Screen #8 (regeneration interval) says "8". Display is not changing.
  6. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

It is possible that the control board is locked up, as you should be able to step it through the different stages of the programing.
  7. Dankon

Dankon New Member

I am able to step thru the different stages of programming ok. On step# 8 of programming is the "regen interval". It now displays "08" for that. Here's a link to the owners manual: http://www.eculligan.com/support/gold2002.PDF The programming step I'm refering to is page 10, step # 8.

Pretty sure it's an older Gold Series model without the flow meter. I have included a couple of photo's (sorry for the poor quality). IMG_0691.jpg IMG_0693.jpg IMG_0695.jpg
  8. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

If it is the metered then there is a cable going back to the out side of the valve body right at the bypass valve on the blue side of the handle.

Send a pm, there is a manual that has more on that board, might need to be reset.
  9. Dankon

Dankon New Member

No cable from the blue side of the valve. I am new to the board - how do you send a PM?
  10. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Right click on my nick and a list will show up, then click on the send message.
    Sorry that I did not get back to you sooner.