Culligan estate 2 water softener not working properly??

Users who are viewing this thread

jstephens

Reaction score
i got the softner off my friend who lived in the city and was in the house when he bought it and he never used it so i bought it .. i installed the softner and worked perfectly for about a month.. then i started to tell it was not working , black tint to water and just not soft.. i have included pics of the softner... i know the backwash works and pretty sure it puts the water into the brine but not sure on the sucking part.. i tried to check the injector but couldnt get it out

2012-06-05214256.jpg

2012-06-07225039.jpg

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
We need a model number and / or a picture of the valve to know which model. Culligan has had many units over the years, each with its unique qualities and problems.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Does the water level in the brine tank go down when the valve cycles. If you pull the brine line off the brine tank connector and cycle the valve you should feel suction when you place your finger over the end of the line.

jstephens

Reaction score
Up until a couple days ago the water level was above the salt, I adjusted the pounds of salt and no you see no water, which position does it suck in because I would have to run the whole generation to find that out?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
First step is the backwash and that is about 10 minutes give or take some.
The next step is the brine draw and slow rinse, they are part of the same step and will run about 40 minutes , give or take some.
Then there is the rapid rinse and brine refill, here again they are going on at the same time.
The refill time is more controlled by the float in the salt tank.

The one photo shows a cable from the out or treated side of the softener control, but there is no digital display.

jstephens

Reaction score
Pretty sure I fixed the problem , while inspecting the brine tank I noticed the float was stuck and jingeled it and it unstuck. for some reason it keeps sticking, also I noticed salt build up on the tube from the softner to the brine tank around where it screws on?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
The salt build up on the line just out side the nut means that the nut needs to be tightened more than it is right now as there is a leak taking place right there. Might be that because there is salt water coming out that air is also getting in and when in the salt tank refill there is a popping that is going on and sticking the float.. seen the culligans fall easy pray to the air popping up the float.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks