CTV Vancouver NEWS REPORT: Parents Run School Event at Swanguard Stadium

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
What an awesome day. Last week the school board cancelled our kids track meet. What a ##$%ing piss off. I was so upset - all that hard work training for no big meet. Then last Sunday I hear via some parents at Soccer that a Dad has picked up the slack and is getting shit done. Not only that he has permission to run the whole event. I was asked to be the parent contact at my kids school and shot off a couple of emails giving the HPAC a heads up.

From there I did nothing. The HPAC contacted everyone and we went to Swanguard - business as usual. We got a last minute email to wear a Red Shirt and to bring our own food and drinks since the concessions would not be open that day.

Once there, I went done to volunteer at the high jump pit (my favourite track and field event) and the parents there welcomed the help. Another lady gave us a crash course in marking and I felt comfortable just setting the bar and making sure things where set right.

With the help of at least 6 other parents we took care of two high jump pits and had fun all day cheering the kids on.

My daughter set a new personal best which made me so proud. I did miss my other daughters races 200 Meter, 4x100 Meter, 100 Meter and Long Jump and my eldest Triple Jump and 4 x 100 Meter Relay but it was busy at the High Jump Pit and my wife filmed the rest.

While I was there the news crews where everywhere. I had to laugh when I made not one, not two but three scenes in the video link below. Tell me does the TV make me look FAT? lol - There is no way my hair is that grey !!!

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=375408

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We're all getting some gray.

mason_track_04.jpg

My grandson doing the high jump in Bellingham.

mason_track_01.jpg

A little sprinting

mason_track_02.jpg

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Terry. I love track meets....

I sent off a email to the parents HPAC group so we can arrange some kind of proper thank you for this fellow named Matt who spear headed this event.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks