CSV and pressure tank advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Peter Thompson

Reaction score
I want to install a CSV1A and replace a tank that I believe is bad from quick cycling. I would like the Pside-kick set up, but my irrigation system is teed off halfway between the well head and the pressure tank (30 ft away in the garage). Some of my drip irrigation zones cause rapid cycling, so placing the CSV by the tank won't solve that. Would it make sense practically or financially to remove the current tank and switch and install the Pside kick at the well head outside?

If not, can I get a recommendation for a size and brand of tank?

Also, I noticed that the switch is going on at 40 and off at 70. I am new to this house and wells, would there be a good reason it isn't set to 40/60?

Thanks for any guidance.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Anytime I see a pressure switch adjusted to 40/70 or so instead of the normal 40/60, I know they were trying to reduce the cycling with a wider pressure switch bandwidth. You won't need that with a CSV.

All you need to do it put the CSV before the tee to the irrigation, the tank and switch can be a long way from there, so you won't have to move them. We are just coming out with an additional manifold for just such occasions. The CSV1A can be put at the well or before the first tee. The CSV125 can be put in the well or before the first tee. Then the little manifold with the pressure switch and 4.5 gallon size tank can be placed a long ways from there like in the house or a well house. It is not really up yet, but you can call us and we can make it happen.

Reach4

Reaction score
You can also set your controller to make two or more zones come on at the same time to use a higher percent of the available pump GPM. That can reduce cycling until you make other changes, and will still be more efficient after your changes. This would not work if the two zones need more than the pump can produce.

Without a CSV, the pressure tank should have enough drawdown to let the pump run a minimum of a minute. Irrigation can be hard on things due to the long periods. If you can match the use to almost what the pump can produce, that can be significantly better. With the CSV, the pump GPM is reduced so that a smaller tank does the job and matching can be less.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks