CSST Length

Users who are viewing this thread

GoDillos

Reaction score
So, I'm planning to switch from an electric to a gas stove and planning to install the line myself. I'd really like to use flexible tubing if possible, but the only way I can find to buy CSST as a homeowner is to buy a prepackaged kit online. The kit comes with 25' tube, but I only need 12 - 15' for the run. Is there any danger to leaves the excess coiled in the basement?

Thanks

Chetwynd

In the Trades
Reaction score
fine

As long as the added length of CSST doesn't affect the load calculations (the ones that told you to use the size you're using), then there's no reason you can't have extra under there, as long as they're properly strapped to the underside of the floor joist. Obviously don't kink it trying to coil it! Good luck!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
csst

I will have to check my installation manual, but I seem to remember a prohibition about installing it curled up, but that might have been for some other material. One problem could be humming if the curls are too small.

GoDillos

Reaction score
hj said:
I will have to check my installation manual, but I seem to remember a prohibition about installing it curled up, but that might have been for some other material. One problem could be humming if the curls are too small.

Thanks HJ. That would be awesome if you could check your manual. I was planning to make to coils about 12in diameter, but I could adjust according if the manual gives other suggestions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks