Crud on dishes, 4 YO Bosch

Users who are viewing this thread

bugdrown

Reaction score
Greetings,
We have a 4-year old Bosch dishwasher that was installed by Sears after we bought it. We have a single tub sink without an air gap mechanism. For about the last 6 months we've been getting dirty dishes on the bottom rack. About a week ago our sink started backing up. We had a plumber snake the drain. He also corrected the installation of the discharge hose from the dishwasher by adding a strap and looping the discharge hose so that it now has a loop that's higher than the drainage connection to the disposal. The drain problem was fixed but we still get dirty dishes, even after we've cleaned the filters, traps, and spray arms in the dishwasher. Water (dirty) is getting left behind after we run the machine. I can also see dirt trapped in the hose, near the connection to the disposal.

Our plumber felt strongly that our dirty dishes were the result of the improper installation but we ran the dishwasher again last night and the dishes were dirtier than ever. I cleaned the filters and when I did I found that we're still getting residual water (very dirty) in the drainage area of the dishwasher (don't know if that's normal). I'm wondering what we can do to fix this problem. Any help is appreciated.

bosch-drain-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks