Crossing Public street (gravel)

Users who are viewing this thread

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
Our frost line is 48" (under grass maybe 18-24") I would need to go with a low profile pressure tank (some suggest small tanks anyway) . Does anyone think it would be possible to get by at 36-40" deep with tank on bottom and control box center and maybe a foot or so of foam on the underside of cover.

These are low profile pressure tanks but I would suggest finding it in a different brand because this brand is known for not holding up. We use a 20gal Red Lion pressure tank on ours.

http://www.wellmate.com/en-US/product/residential-products/captive-air-tanks/low-profile/

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Our frost line is 48" (under grass maybe 18-24") I would need to go with a low profile pressure tank (some suggest small tanks anyway) . Does anyone think it would be possible to get by at 36-40" deep with tank on bottom and control box center and maybe a foot or so of foam on the underside of cover.

I think this is your best idea if you can seal it to keep the water out of the pit. You could install a Pside-Kick kit and would only need 14" X 14" X 24" to fit, which includes the tank. Use a 2 wire pump and you won't need a control box.

Temperature from the earth will help warm the vault a little, an if there is occasionally water used, it will also help keep it warmer. A tiny little heater with a thermostat works great as long as the power is on. But when the power goes off the heater is no longer of any use, which is why it works better in a vault than an insulated well house.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I have installed many wells where the well is hundreds of feet away from the tank and pressure switch. It will work ok, no need to have the switch at the well. Are you running new cable and pipe? Remember the KISS method-keep it simple stupid.

Yeah we do this all the time as well. But I think you missed the part where the power is on a pole across the road by the well. So he either has to run a power line under the road or put the pressure switch and tank at the well since the two must stay close to each other.

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
RL44 fit inside the small space

Attachments

• WP_20160621_10_32_01_Rich.jpg
    WP_20160621_10_32_01_Rich.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 163
  • WP_20160621_10_31_47_Rich.jpg
    WP_20160621_10_31_47_Rich.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 172
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks