crawlspace plumbing photo critique needed

Users who are viewing this thread

AKantler

Reaction score
Okay...so I posted a few days ago asking about venting a toilet with a small almost horizontal run before going vertical....Here is what we are left with....what needs to be fixed, what doesn't work...etc. Thanks guys for your honest advice!

:)

Jill

IMG_1227.jpg

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I might have gone with a straight run off the shower drain with a T to do the vent...

But one works with what one has, and that is never more true than in Alaska as 95% the store is not just up the block.

Dcelite

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.merchantcircle.com
We can not run a horizontal vent under the floor here. That being the case, in your situation, I would remove the 2- 3" 45 bends and install a 3"x2" combo (tee like you have for the shower). The 2" will run vertically up through the hole for the vent and then use a 3" long sweep 90 and run up to the closet flange.

AKantler

Reaction score
Akpsdvan...that is the way we had it originally with a T as the vent, but I was gathering from folks here that I needed a combo for that vent. I did talk to the permit folks here today, and the plumbing inspector agreed. We are out of the city jurisdiction, but we still have to have a private inspector check off our work....

dcelite...Do you mean at the horizontal area of the toilet drain, have a combo with the 2" vent...? We thought we might do that in the beginning, but weren't sure if the toilet drain could drop that far before the vent.

Thanks guys so much for your time...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks