Crawlspace cleanup

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Billyblackxz, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Billyblackxz

Billyblackxz New Member

Hi-I just discovered a leaky galvanized drain pipe under my home.I have since replaced it with black PVC but now have 3-4 places where there are pockets of dirty,stinky standing water.I have cement pier blocks where water is sitting;probably for the last 2-3 weeks.What would be the best way to get this water out of there and what should be done with the moist clay soil?Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Steve
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Pour lime on it!
  3. And then bury it with sand.
    Mike
  4. Herk

Herk Plumber

And then cover it all with visqueen to avoid dry rot.
  5. mattt19

mattt19 New Member

wow - I had almost the exact same thing happen to me. I bought a small pump from home depot and pumped the standing water out. After I pumped all the water out I set up several fans to help dry things out.
  6. MG

MG New Member

Cat litter? It is designed to pickup moisture and deal with odor.
  7. Billyblackxz

Billyblackxz New Member

Hi Guys-Thanks for the advice;looks like everything is ok!!:D
    Steve