Crane Tank to American Standard bowl?

Users who are viewing this thread

peqa

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I hope I'm not repeating a thread(I searched a bit, but didn't find an answer), or maybe I'm asking a very basic/stupid question... Would a Crane Economiser Tank w/ an EcoFlush Flushometer 1.6 gallon PA(model B8106) fit on an American Standard Yorkville 2876 bowl that also use a 1.6 gallon PA unit?

Anyway, my situation is that I have eventually identified a small crack in my Crane Economiser 3836 back outlet bowl after resetting the flange and using a Sani-seal ring. It has had a leaking problem for years, which I thought it was only the flange/seal failing. Unfortunately, the Econmoiser has been discontinued and I've had not luck locating a new bowl. The AS Yorkville seems to be the closest bowl available to the my old bowl, although I'm not happy I can't find a round front bowl vs an elongated, as our bathroom is tiny! Since these back outlet/floor mount toilets are in limited selection and quite pricey compared to floor outlets, I am trying to save money where I can but also very interested to have this project finished. I honestly don't care that much about looks, just want something with decent flush power that doesn't leak all over the place. Thanks in advanced for any help!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are several critical dimensions that have to match your old tank for it to work.
1. The depth of the tank front to back
2. The center to center of the bolt holes
3. The center of the flush valve opening to the rear of the tank, and
4. The center of the flush valve opening to the front of the tank

#3 determines whether the tank will hit the back wall, and #4 determines whether the seat will stay up when it is raised.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You may want to look at the Gerber Maxwell, floor mounted, rear outlet toilet which uses a gravity flush.
It would be a complete toilet replacement in this case. You can't mix pressure and gravity.

Gerber Maxwell, 27-1/2" to end of bowl.

American Standard Yorkville, 29-3/4" to end of bowl.

Last edited:

peqa

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hj, thanks for the key specs to consider. After comparing the spec sheets of the Crane and AS, it looks like there are 1/2 - 1" differences in those areas. Concluding I'm better off just purchasing the tank designed for the new toilet.

Terry, thanks for the response and of course the board. I had the Gerber Maxwell 1.28 on my original list, but found some reviews stating issues with flush load capacity/performance(although Gerber products overall receiving good marks). One of our household members has spells of moderate constipation and another had to have major bowel surgery, resulting in higher volume(easily reaching over 300 grams) and less dense BMs. However, I'm also very concerned with AS reputation of no longer being very "standard", and the 2" less on the Gerber is nice. I really hate our main drain being above the slab! Does anyone on the forum has any experience with the Gerber Maxwell(20-022) 1.28 gravity flush, floor mounted, rear outlet? I just don't want something we have to flush 2-3 times per use, I already have the Crane in the other bathroom for that...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks