Crane sink circa 1900's

Users who are viewing this thread

geg520

Reaction score
Our home was built around 1900. I have three bathrooms that are original to the house (5 gallon toilet tanks attached to wall, with shutoff valve inside tank!). The sinks are 24 inch Crane Pedestal sinks and for the most part, lovely.
Our entrance "powder room" has a "soft yellow" Crane Pedestal sink and it is starting to leak from the "pop up" drain pipe, which is exposed in the back of the sink.
I've been told the sink needs to be replaced, however, due to the age of my bathroom, this will snowball into a whole bathroom renovation. The sink is an odd soft yellow color as are the toilet and the wall tiles. If I get a white sink, the toilet won't match but replacing the toilet means re-plumbing the whole thing and re-tiling once the tank is taken off the wall!
Is there a way to repair the slow leak coming from the water exiting my sink and dripping down the back of the sink? Or do I need to replace the sink?

Thanks
Geg520

Widgit Maker

Reaction score
Show a picture of sink. Show picture of where the leak is. I doubt that they had pop up drain assemblies in 1900 so a pop up assembly from a later date must have been installed.

Reaction score
As long as there are no fractures or other damage to the porcelain, it can certainly be restored 100%.

Basically you can replace every part that is attached to tbe porcelain.

A pic would help to know which parts need to be swapped.

Reach4

Reaction score
Make the picture wide enough, but also show the point of the leak if you can. Maybe no parts swap is needed, but maybe some putty, or even silicone sealant, could be used after removing and reinstalling an existing part.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks