Crane Bath faucet Leak Question

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by TBB, May 7, 2007.

1. TBB

TBB New Member

We have a Crane Drexel bathtub faucet that leaks from the cold side. I replaced the cartiridge and washer (I also put a new washer on the hot side and it continues to be just fine.) The cold continues to drip, but not as bad as before. As my two-year old says "it's dripperring!" Any suggestions to how to get rid of the drip (drippering)? Thanks...
  2. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Leaky Faucet

I did some research and found that some very old models require a double thick washer or stacking 2 washers on top of each other. If that doesn't work, you can try using a fat beveled washer. I'm not sure if there is a seat that can be removed and replaced.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  3. TBB

TBB New Member

Thanks You - two washers better than one!

Thank you for the advice. The two washers did the trick. My two year old daughter is now saying "fixed it, no more dripperring." Given that the tub is tiled, to have to replace would have been teribly burdensome. Thanks again!:)