Crack in my tub

Users who are viewing this thread

AnnieO

Reaction score
I have a hairline crack abt 10" long in the bottom back of my bathtub. My husband says that it's safe to have a bath in, that I'm not going to leak into the neighbors downstairs. I just need some confirmation on this, maybe I'm just paranoid. I currently just shower in there so not much water reaches that part. Your comments please.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Hard to tell without seeing it, but any crack in fibreglas has the potential to be a leak.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hate to take sides in a family dispute, but I'd err on the side of caution here. A 10" crack, is definitely likely to leak. You might patch it to get by until you can get a new tub, but I'd be careful about using it much. If this is a tub/shower, use the shower for now. Any weight in the tub, body and water, will tend to flex and open the crack. You might check around to see if anyone in your town can guarantee a patch job, but otherwise, go shopping for a new tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks