cpvc manifold

Users who are viewing this thread

schererx

Reaction score
I like the idea of using a manifold to keep the pressure equal to all fixtures. I was wondering if a manifold could be fashioned out of cpvc using tees instead of using PEX.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
I suppose

you could in theory do that ...

but it would probably be a god awful mess and
just a nightmare to get all that rigid pipe configured
down into that manifold

pex looks pretty rough and ususally is run in tight bundles
throughout the house to feed to all the fixttures,

doing that with cpcv , would be possible if you got lots
and lots of room

schererx

Reaction score
This would be done in a fairly small house with not a lot of pipe to run. I was planning on starting from the manifold and working my way toward the fixtures.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
manifold

It is the size of the pipe, not the manifold that gives you equal pressure. A manifold with short runs and very long ones will also produce unequal pressures unless you use the proper sized pipe for the long runs. If you install the CPVC using adequate pipe sizes, allowing for the fact that ALL cts plastic pipes have a smaller "hole" than copper tubing, then your only pressure problems will be due to the inertia of the water when an additional faucet is first opened. And inertia will be a factor regardless of whether you use a manifold or not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks