CPVC Fitting Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Kwantum

Reaction score
Hi there! I have been reading this site off and on for a few weeks. There is a wealth of knowledge here. I am hoping to tap the knowledge reserves for a moment.

I am plumbing a water softener with a sediment and carbon filter inline using CPVC CTS. I have already plumbed (4) 1" tees before, between, and after each of my filter elements (4 tees total). The goal is to install 1/4" MPT pressure gauges in the middle leg of each tee.

The option I had previously picked out was a sch. 80 CPVC bushing (Grainger link: https://goo.gl/bxE6UQ) with a 1/2" x 1/4" brass bushing. Of course I have learned since that CTS and sch. 80 don't play well on the size playground. So now I have all of these plumbed tees and need to figure out how to install the gauges.

Can anyone recommend the appropriate fitting(s) to get me to the 1/4" FPT without it looking silly? I would like to do this with as few fittings as possible to keep the work looking nice. And, of course, cost is always an issue. :)

Thanks for the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks