Could you helpful people stand one more simple question??

Users who are viewing this thread

Giles

Retired tool & Die and Mechanic
Reaction score
I have a HAVC inside blower motor and housing that I would like to install as a vent fan for my shop. The wireing diagram states that the motor is 208-240v . Black wire is High speed and the Red wire is Low speed.
There is also a Yellow wire that is labeled Common.
Am I correct in thinking that one of the wires, Red or Black, would be connected to one hot wire and the Yellow would be connected to the other Hot wire??
Would I connect the Neutral to the motor housing? There is a small green wire connecting the motor to the housing.
Please correct me if I am wrong and suggest the proper way to hook this blower up.:confused:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is NO neutral connection. The green wire is the ground which connects to the bare wire in you supply wire. Yellow/red is low speed, yellow/black is high speed.

Giles

Retired tool & Die and Mechanic
Reaction score
hj--I still don't understand where the neutral wire would be connected. The green wire is only a jumper to cnnect the motor to the housing.
I would really like to get this set up but I want to do it right.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There is NO neutral wire on a 240 volt circuit. If you have a neutral, you have a 120/240 such as an old stove or dryer circuit, and maybe you do not have a ground there . proceed with caution..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks