Could use some help. Wall hung toilet bowl

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by TheNewGuy, Apr 8, 2014.

1. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy New Member

So here is my issue, an old prison facility built in 1989 with wall mounted ceramic toilets attached to a cinder block wall with fixtures behind the wall located in a pipe chase, the toilets are attached via all thread going threw the wall into the pipe chase, my problem is that they packed a bunch of mortar into the hole the all thread is going threw and as i was removing the mortar to replace the all thread i noticed a small metal plate (probably to keep the all thread from moving around in the predrilled hole) that has serious rust issues, my question is, what is the best way to remove the plate inside the cinder block and the all thread so i can replace it? thanks in advance for any help :)
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The bowls hang on the all thread, with backing nuts and washers.
    I would chip out the washer and replace if needed. I doubt that the all thread is that bad, however, if it needs replacing too, you can tap out the block to get access to the carrier that the all-thread is attached to.
    Make sure you do that within the confines of the bowl outline, or you will be doing wall repair.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The all thread should go through the plate, not be threaded in to it.