Cost of a new well pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Bizloanman, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Bizloanman

Bizloanman New Member

Okay my well pump gave out over the weekend. It's a three quarter horse power in 120 foot shaft. Considering a fiull install - the pump, the installation, ancillary parts, new wiring, new well head and bolts [town wants it vented now], new gauge on the holding tank as well as the electrical switch-how much would this cost? I live in North Jersey where everything is expensive. I'm thinking about $2000 would be fair or is this high?
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

You can find ¾ HP pumps on the Internet for $350. Add another $500 for wire, pipe, and a well seal. So you could do this yourself with everything new for about $800. Most installers will sell for about twice their cost. It always pays to get several quotes.
  3. Bizloanman

Bizloanman New Member

It would seem taht I may be able to do it myself but I do not like to mess with the combo of electricity and water. So if $1600 gets a pro install and I should add a new pressure gague and electrical switch for the holding tank that might run another 100. Keep in mind I live in North NJ whare everything is expensive I guess I should ecpect $2000?
  4. craigpump

craigpump Member

$2000.00 sounds pretty fair.

When you stop and think about how much water you will use over the life of the pump and do the math, you will see that a private water system is the least expensive thing you will ever own.