Correct routing for washing machine and laundry tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Moe Allsopp

Reaction score
I am remodeling my laundry room; which is very small and allows limited plumbing space. I would like to route my washer drain and laundry tub in the more up to date fashion. Enclosed is a sketch of what I think I can do with the plumbing. The first portion is from the washing machine and dumps into a wye and then to the sewage stack, The second is the laundry tub which would come around and on top of the wye; also to finish into the stack. I know I am not using the right terminology, but does this sketch make sense? Please advise.
I understand the washer needs a 30" drain and "P" trap, obviously with drop in the run. Is there anything else it needs.

Attachments

• drain figure copy.jpg
    drain figure copy.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 448

Reach4

Reaction score
Your washing machine standpipe needs a 2 inch or bigger pipes for drain and 1.5 or bigger for vent. There is a minimum and maximum height for the standpipe. Your laundry sink needs a vent, which your drawing does not show. I don't know sizes.

You will need to use the right fittings I think, and it it is not always obvious.

The simplest thing to do is to drain the washer into the laundry sink.

I am not a pro, but I thought I might give you a headstart on doing some more searching and first re-drawing to improve your plan.

laundry-tray.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The bend in the horizontal is fine, but there must be a vent for each fixture's trap arm at or prior to the point of the drain turning downward.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks