Correct Fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

RavensFan

Reaction score
:confused: I am doing a bathroom remodel and am looking for some advice on the correct fittings to use on my water supply lines. I have seen copper supply line stubs that are capped awaiting drywall installation. But I don't want any exposed copper after I put the stop valves on. I have 1/2 in. copper supply lines. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Plumb or Die

Plumbing Instructor
Reaction score
Cut them off 1 1/4" away from the finished wall, or back of cabinet. When you put on the chome escutcheons and compression angle stops you won't see any copper, and will have the correct insertion distance for the copper into the stop. Have fun, and don't forget to turn your water off before you cut the copper.;)

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Have a bucket ready as well...
Cut the piping almost all the way through and then place the bucket underneath...
Then cut the bottom of the 1/2" pipe through, remove the cutters, and hold the bucket over the stub...
The pipe should "snap" off with a little wiggle and the water should not make too much of a mess...
Takes a bit of practice but once you have the knack for doing it you can be quite quick and neat...
And be careful... the inside edge of the pipe will be very sharp - do NOT try to stem the flow of water with your thumb (I speak from painful experience)...
The angle stop can be placed on the pipe before the water has stopped flowing out...
Ensure you have placed the escutcheon on the pipe and that the angle stop is already closed or you can get a bit of a geyser...LOL
If the escutcheon is difficult to place on the pipe, put it on backwards and wiggle it a bit then turn it around - it will loosen the small "fingers" inside a little bit to allow it to slide over the pipe end easier...

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks