Corner Toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Seattle38, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Seattle38

Seattle38 New Member

I have a small basement bathroom on a concrete slab. the existing toilet has a 10 inch rough in drain. The front of the toilet is too close to the shower and the wall.

Does a corner toilet with a ten-inch rough in exist?

I'd rather not have to break up concrete and move the drain.

Thanks!
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I'm not sure if there are any corner toilets made anymore. Have you considered using one of the Toto toilets that uses a 10" Unifit adapter? Might be worth the time to explore this alternative.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Corner toilets are made for a 12" rough from the corners.
    http://www.americanstandard-us.com/assets/documents/amstd/spec/SpecSheet_2584.pdf

Some 10" toilets use a thin tank, which allows pulling the bowl back toward the wall.
    The Cadet 3 Pro Round front 10" is 26-1/4" from wall to end of bowl on a 10" rough.
    215DB.104
    with 3517D.101 bowl and 4188B.104 tank

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/assets/documents/amstd/spec/SpecSheet_5655.pdf

A CST744EF.10 Elongated Drake with 10" rough would be about 29" from the wall to the end of the bowl on a 10"
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  4. Seattle38

Seattle38 New Member

That's a thought, the issue I'm running into is limited space in front of the bowl where the shower is. I thought rotating the toilet via a corner location would put the front of the toilet away from the shower side, thus providing more room to maneuver. Maybe I'll just have to break up some concrete...
  5. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

It might help if you'd give us picture and measurement of your situation. If it come to it, the easiest and cleanest way to deal with breaking concrete, is to hire a professional concrete cutting company. They are quick, neat, and haul away the debris. Since Terry is in your backyard, it might be worth a consultation with him as to your best options.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013