corian shower pan where to buy premade

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by parrishnut, Jan 23, 2006.

1. parrishnut

parrishnut New Member

Hi,
    I'm looking for a corian shower pan in a standard premade 48 inch size anyone know where to buy them w/o doing custom...
    NO fiberglass please they stink!!!
    TIA
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

corian

If such an item is made it would only be available from a Corian distributor/installer. But I doubt that you would find one, since there would be little reason for producing such a limited demand item, especially considering all the potential sizes that would have to be carried.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Swan makes some premade pans in standard sizes, in their solid-surface material.
  4. PEW

PEW DIY Senior Member

Had one made two years ago, not priced for the faint of heart. They did a very good job and I am very pleased. Can't remember their name, I will look for it and post the info. No comparison to any of the Corian knock offs.

Found it:

http://www.showerbase.com/Shower Base.htm

Paul
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  5. parrishnut

parrishnut New Member

Thanks

Thanks.. I have done a swan and love it, but wanted a higher grade this time
  6. miruca

miruca New Member

grifform corian shower pan

Try grifform.com
  7. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Architect

8. Justice

Justice New Member

Can you please give a ballpark cost?

I am considering a Corian Shower pan/base - but have NO idea what the cost may be. You said it is not for the faint of heart and I realize the price will vary based on Size, color/type of corian and fabricator. but can anyone give any examples or ballpark nbrs?
    I want a 42x48 with the threshold on the 48" side

thank you.
  9. ebgascoyne

ebgascoyne New Member

Corian Shower Pan

I submitted for a quote and rec'd reply within 48 hours, seems to have good customer service. I folllowed up with a question and got a reply within 24 hours. Price quoted for Grade D Corian 36"x60" shower pan with offset drain and brass drain, including shipping, was $1900. Give them a try:

Sue Allhands
    Project Manager/Estimator
    Grifform Innovations
    541-496-0313 Phone
    541-496-0359 Fax
    www.grifform.com