Cordless optical mouse going bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a fairly expensive Logitech cordless optical mouse that is going haywire. It's not under warranty that I know of. With the low-tech mouse, you just took it apart and cleaned out the dust that had collected on the ball, and you were good to go. This one has a circuit board inside.

I guess it's time to get a new one unless anyone has any suggestions.

dwells

Reaction score
I've got one of those, too.

Check the batteries, then make sure the receiver (from USB port) is close enough to the mouse to communicate.

Good luck

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Try relinking to the receiver. And, that the receiver is not close to a monitor.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
If all else fails get a laser mouse next time. Won't help you if it goes bad but batteries last longer and the mouse is very accurate.

I also keep a regular old corded ball mouse in the closet just in case.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, I relocated the receiver part and pushed in the USB connection, and it seems to be fine now. I did bounce the little mousey off the wall a couple times out of frustration, thinking it was already toast. But it didn't seem to affect it.:eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks