Copper water lines in my home/ shower stains????

Users who are viewing this thread

cross country

Reaction score
yes I have a 2400sqrft. in-ground home...74ft. long. my point is the home was built 3 years ago and I bought this 2 yrs. ago. My problem is I have master bedroom at one end of the home with master bathroom, well where the shower is, just on the otherside of the wall is where the laundryroom is along with hotwater heater. then at the other end of my home is the guest bathroom.
WHY DOEs my masterbath tub/shower get so much soap scum/stain and NOwhere else in the home has this problem???
Is this from copperlines and waterheater just otherside of the wall to the shower??? only thing i can even come close to think of...but how to end this problem??? I hope this makes since. Thank you

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Soap scum and mineral build up are not related to copper water lines. What "stain" are you referring to> Anything related to copper would be greenish.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Does the guest bathroom get used daily like (Probably) the master bath does?

The actual soap, shampoo, and conditioner used can make a big difference in how much scum is left as does how hard the water is. Have you had your water tested for hardness? Do you have a water softener?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks