copper tubing questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Yarg28

Reaction score
I recently ripped out our entire kitchen. i have wires hanging out of the walls and no subfloor at the moment. One thing i noticed when i was disconnecting the plumbing to remove sink base was that inside my copper tubing looked extremely lined with something. I describe it like that because i am not a plumber and wont pretend to know what im talking about.

Whatever it was looked more like a mineral/lime or something. White'ish with maybe a tinge of green. There was still a bit of water rounding the top of the tubing before i capped it so it was hard to get a great look. I capped it as fast as i could before my wife saw it because she would not approve if she thought our supply lines had "stuff" in them.

Is this normal? I was under the impression that copper was used to prevent this type of build up. Do i need to replace this supply line?

I want our water supply to be top notch.

thanks

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I would not try to quess what is in your water. I would have your water tested and install what ever is needed to make your water topnotch.

If you have build up in that pipe I would bet all the pipes have some too. Doing a remodel is a great time to upgrade your water lines and drains as needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks