Copper to PEX-A Transition Underground

Users who are viewing this thread

sdgoat

Reaction score
Hello, I am replacing a section of my water main to my house with PEX-A. Previous owner just put the pipe from the pressure reducing valve to where it enters the house (about 25') right on the ground. Briefly goes under my front porch. I want to build a little patio there, and well, the copper is sitting right on the ground, and its pretty beat up. So I've trenched the ground about 14" down and was planning on replacing with copper, but PEX seems to be a better price (all 1" copper). So I am curious what the best copper to PEX transition fitting would be that can be buried? Already settled on Uponor PEX-A for the pipe, and was considering the expansion fittings since I can rent the tool cheaply. I was thinking of this transition fitting but wasn't sure if there are better or easier options.

This is all in California if that makes any difference; planning on running this through a PVC sleeve, as well.

Thanks!

jon v.

Reaction score
Hello, I am replacing a section of my water main to my house with PEX-A. Previous owner just put the pipe from the pressure reducing valve to where it enters the house (about 25') right on the ground. Briefly goes under my front porch. I want to build a little patio there, and well, the copper is sitting right on the ground, and its pretty beat up. So I've trenched the ground about 14" down and was planning on replacing with copper, but PEX seems to be a better price (all 1" copper). So I am curious what the best copper to PEX transition fitting would be that can be buried? Already settled on Uponor PEX-A for the pipe, and was considering the expansion fittings since I can rent the tool cheaply. I was thinking of this transition fitting but wasn't sure if there are better or easier options.

This is all in California if that makes any difference; planning on running this through a PVC sleeve, as well.

Thanks!
Hi sdgoat,

I live in San Diego (I'm hoping that's what the sd in your name refers to!), and am looking to replace my ~20', 1" copper water main with a 25', curved run (moving it away from a tree). I considered PEX-A, but decided against it after realizing how much it would cost to buy a roll of 1.25" PEX-A and the tools, al0ng with the additional hassle of having to put in a grounding rod and tracer cable. I'd love to pick your brain about your install--how did it go, and where did you find you could rent the expansion tool cheaply? Did you find a place where you could purchase small rolls of PEX-A? Any tips or lessons learned during the process? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks