Copper to CPVC

Users who are viewing this thread

Joegambler

Reaction score
Hi,
I need to go from copper to CPVC pipe in what will be a no access wall. What's the safest,best way to go?
A compression fitting?
A push-in-fitting(it needs to be slim,not bulky.Many pipes next to each other with very little clearance.Also what brand?)?
A male thread to female slip copper fitting soldered to the pipe,then a threaded to slip coupler CPVC fitting screwed to it?
Bottom line,is a compression or puns-in fitting more secure than a threaded connection?
Please since this will be a no access wall,I only need professional advise.No opinions or old timers stuck on old technology.Thanks.

flamefix

Reaction score
Hi,
I need to go from copper to CPVC pipe in what will be a no access wall. What's the safest,best way to go?
A compression fitting?
A push-in-fitting(it needs to be slim,not bulky.Many pipes next to each other with very little clearance.Also what brand?)?

Would you get a compression in there then?
Unless the fitting was accessible for inspection over here we wouldn't bury compression fittings behind a wall. If you can leave a removable accessible inspection hatch then it would be ok.

fwiw

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks