copper size/design

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by buzzard, Aug 10, 2008.

1. buzzard

buzzard New Member

new construction. no copper in yet. crude sketch of house.

i am getting ready to do copper water supply and am unsure on sizing.

i have drawn dark blue for 3/4" and light blue for 1/2"( cold water). am i sizing this correctly?

i have not included the hot water because i was told to make it all 1/2" so it doesn't take alot of wasted water before hot comes out. is this correct?

stuff in green is in the basement.

length of house is 60' and depth is 25'. the drawing is roughly to scale on distances.

[​IMG]
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If you run all the hot water in 1/2" it will be undersized.
    Only two fixtures should be run together with 1/2".
    That is unless you like taking cold showers.

Pipe sizing here
    http://www.terrylove.com/watersize.htm
  3. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Yeah, what Terry said.

I hope you have planned enough space to allow someone to work on the pressure tank and water heater, and space for the water treatment equipment; like 5-6' along the wall and 24" out from the wall.

What is a stationary tub?