Copper rings with Wirsbo?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Mad Plumber, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

I recently built my own shower in our new house and learned that my plumber roughed the plumbing in with wirsbo pex and I used brass fittings with copper rings to make my fittings from Menard's. I pressure tested each line with 80lbs of air and no leaks!! Will this be ok or do I need to redo? Fittings all are tight and checked out fine with the no-go tool.
    Connie

http://www.uponor-usa.com/Header/Service/For-Professionals/Products/Uponor-PEX-Tubing.aspx

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2009
  2. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

You are specifically not supposed to crimp aquapex.

However, you have already found out that it will work....but it was not intended for that type of connection, and so it could become a problem...best to transition properly.
  3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

crimp rings void all warranties on the pipe and fittings.