Copper pipe support

Users who are viewing this thread

Josesaucedo111

Reaction score
Good morning to all. My water heater is moving out from inside the house to the garage, since there is no water supply in the garage, a water line has to be ran ( about 20 to 25 feet). The main supply line is by the front door entrance, from there, it goes through the wall inside, and from what it looks like, it goes down to the concrete slab and distributed to every part in the house. So, I want to ran it from the main water supply, then run it along the side of the concrete slab for about 10 feet then go inside the garage. My question is, is copper the best way to go? If so, how can I secure the pipe to the concrete wall? Two ear copper pipe clamp? But, still need to use steel screws to hold the clamp to wall, and looks like steel doesn't get along with copper... nor concrete with copper. Do you have any suggestions? Since it is going to be installed by the front door, I want it to look professional. Thank you in advance.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Bell hangers are what I like to use.

Attachments

• bell.jpeg
    bell.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 326

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
After many years, it is not uncommon to have issues with copper pipe that runs underneath a house. Now, it could last many decades, but especially if it is hot water, you'll lose a lot of energy to the ground with the hot. So, if you're going to repipe the hot water, you might want to consider running new hot lines above the slab while doing this. Depending on where you live, and how well the garage is insulated or if it is heated, it can be problematic both for extra energy use in the winter, and the potential to freeze a line.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That gets the cold water TO the water heater, but how are you going to get the hot water back to the house? Don't get the steel screws wet and they will coexist with the copper forever.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most of Arizona is pretty dry most of the year...the humidity levels in other parts of the country can present a much bigger issue with corrosion from dissimilar metals reacting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks