Copper pipe nicked

Users who are viewing this thread

koomo510

Reaction score
I know very little about plumbing and my question is about a copper pipe I nicked while doing some carpentry. I knocked into it with a sharp tool and it chipped a tiny piece off of the wall thickness :(, but not enough to cause leaking. The plumber came and soldered over it with some type of solder that he says has some amount of silver content. I fully expected him to replace the section but he assured me it was unnecessary to do so. In any case, I am having doubts that I should not have had him replace that section. This pipe will be behind a wall that will shortly be tiled over, so if I am going to do something, now is the time. The pipe has an OD of 5/8" and is type L. What do you think? thanks in advance...

mark

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks