Converting Washing Machine Drain to Sink Drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by TheJazzMan, Oct 13, 2012.

1. TheJazzMan

TheJazzMan New Member

Converting Washing Machine Drain to Sink Drain - Need Help!

I have an area in my small garage/apartment where a washing machine was once located. I’d now like to put a kitchen sink there. You can see by the diagram below that the drain is unvented. I’m sure that isn’t up to code for a kitchen sink (probably not for a washer either). My question is how should I vent this? My only option seems to be to go over to the main vent stack with a vent.

WasherDrain.jpg

Is this the right solution?

proposed.jpg

Or, will this be OK?

prop1.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012