Converting Single Sink to Double Sink with water line for humidifier

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by MK_Chicago, Apr 28, 2014.

1. MK_Chicago

MK_Chicago New Member

Hi Guys,

I am looking to convert my single sink to a double sink in my master bathroom. From what I have read online, it is not too difficult of a process. I will just need change my water shutoff valves under the sink from single to dual outlet so they can accommodate the two sets of water lines.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCra...Turn-Dual-Outlet-Valve-CR1901LRX-R1/202047052

However, in my case, I already have a dual outlet on my cold water valve (single on the hot water). One of the outlets connects to the sink and the other connects to my humidifier which is located in the closet next to the bathroom. With this being the case, how is it possible for me to still add in the double sink? Is it possible to split the cold water line into 3 outlets? If so, what is the part?

I am trying to avoid replacing parts/pipes IMG_1328.jpg behind the drywall.

Thanks

Mike

Attached Files:

2. dj2

dj2 Member

This is how it's done: install (solder) a T over the nipple coming out the wall, on the cold side and the hot side. Then you can add all the angle stops you need.
  3. MK_Chicago

MK_Chicago New Member

Thanks dj2! Do you have the full part name or a site link for the T?

Thanks again
  4. dj2

dj2 Member

You need a 1/2" copper T, small sections of 1/2" copper pipe, and angle stops - available wherever plumbing supplies are sold. If you don't know how to solder, don't learn now, hire a plumber.
  5. asktom

asktom Member

A short piece of copper (or proper flex) and a compression tee after the existing stop would also work.
  6. Jerome2877

Jerome2877 In the Trades

A retro T is the part you want. It go's right on the 3/8 compression angle stop and gives you 2 going out.
  7. asktom

asktom Member

Ive seen retro t also called add-a-tee.
  8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Saying it is "not a difficult process" may be trivializing it and an understatement. When you get done, THEN tell us how "easy it was".