Converting from Potassium to Sodium

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by marks2, Aug 30, 2009.

1. marks2

marks2 New Member

I have a Kinetico 2025S that was originally set up for potassium. Now that potassium is both hard to find and expensive, I'd like to try sodium.

What do I have to do to my system to switch over to sodium?

2. marks2

marks2 New Member

Not sure - it can easily hold 2 bags (80#) of potassium. I probably couldn't fit 3 bags in it. It is about the same height as the resin tanks, and is rectangular.

Thanks!

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. marks2

marks2 New Member

Andy - thanks for the reply - I guess my last post wasn't too clear. I can fit 2 40# bags (80# total) in the tank. The dimensions you give sound about right (I'm not at home right now & can't measure). The system is definitely a 2025S (just read the label last night).

5. marks2

marks2 New Member

Thanks!

I called the company that installed the system, and they said I am fine without the grid plate. They told me how to adjust the float to it is at the correct height (slightly different between KCl & NaCl as you described).

Do you agree the grid plate is "optional" with NaCl?

6. marks2

marks2 New Member

I am using a prefilter. The tank stays pretty clean (water a little murky, but not bad). I'll switch over to sodium in the next day or two (KCl almost gone).

Thanks for the help!

Mark