Converting from Potassium to Sodium

Users who are viewing this thread

Marks2

Reaction score
I have a Kinetico 2025S that was originally set up for potassium. Now that potassium is both hard to find and expensive, I'd like to try sodium.

What do I have to do to my system to switch over to sodium?

Marks2

Reaction score
Not sure - it can easily hold 2 bags (80#) of potassium. I probably couldn't fit 3 bags in it. It is about the same height as the resin tanks, and is rectangular.

Thanks!

Marks2

Reaction score
Andy - thanks for the reply - I guess my last post wasn't too clear. I can fit 2 40# bags (80# total) in the tank. The dimensions you give sound about right (I'm not at home right now & can't measure). The system is definitely a 2025S (just read the label last night).

Marks2

Reaction score
Thanks!

I called the company that installed the system, and they said I am fine without the grid plate. They told me how to adjust the float to it is at the correct height (slightly different between KCl & NaCl as you described).

Do you agree the grid plate is "optional" with NaCl?

Marks2

Reaction score
I am using a prefilter. The tank stays pretty clean (water a little murky, but not bad). I'll switch over to sodium in the next day or two (KCl almost gone).

Thanks for the help!

Mark

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks